Indulge in what’s crowned as the “Most Expensive Cocktail in Queenstown” and you will be the talk of the party circuit with this luxurious drink in your hand!
For $67, the decadent cocktail comes in a gleaming crystal goblet topped with a rim of gold dusted walnuts and hazelnuts. Plated on a black dish and garnished with chopped apricots and more toasted nuts, this concoction is the best way to a new year and new beginnings.
Not able to make it QT Queenstown? No worries! You can re-create this lavish drink right in the comfort of your own home! Just follow the instructions below to make your friends think you’re a master bartender.
45ml Remy Martin XO
15ml Tempus Fugit Gran Classico
15ml Briottet Chestnut Liqueur
15ml Mumm Cordon Rouge Champagne Reduction
Gold Dusted Hazelnuts and Walnuts
Mumm Cordon Rouge Air
Apricots, toasted Hazelnuts and Walnuts
- To make the champagne air – Blend 200ml of champagne with 1 teaspoon of soy lecithin powder in a Clingfilm covered container. Use a stick blender only partially submerged in the liquid. Set aside and build the rest of the drink.
- To make the gold dusted nuts crush a handle of both the hazelnuts and walnuts in a mortar and pestle. Put into a dry, sealable container and add 2 teaspoons of edible gold powder. Seal and shake to coat the nuts.
- Rim a crystal goblet with the gold dusted nuts.
- Shake the cognac, gran classic, briottet and champagne reduction with ice and double strain into the crystal goblet.
- Spoon on a layer of the champagne air.
- Plate the cocktail onto a black plate garnished with chopped apricots and toasted nuts. As pictured.